Ricardo CheingPresident & CEO
Areas of expertise
- Digital Transformation
- Cloud Concepts and Best Practices
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Information Protection and Data Loss Prevention
- Identity and Privileged Access Management
- BS, Telecommunications & Network Engineering, Technological University of America
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Cloud Platforms and Infrastructure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Private Cloud
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Windows Enterprise
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, System Center
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Exchange
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Sharepoint
Ricardo has over 20 years of experience in Information Technology with a demonstrated ability to design and lead the implementation of Information Systems that exceed business expectations and requirements. He has a solid background in architecting, engineering, operating and fully administering production cloud and hybrid infrastructures in large global enterprises. He is recognized within the Microsoft System Center and blogging community as a leading expert in System Center. Ricardo is a founding member of the South Florida System Center Users Group and he is a regular speaker at group/company events.
Before founding CloudOpx in early 2018, Ricardo started two online tech support companies. Previously, Ricardo held various Architect and Engineer level roles for large Fortune 500 companies, most recently as Sr. Systems Engineer at Yahoo! Inc. focusing on advancing the company’s large cloud production infrastructure.
He has also lead the cloud infrastructure practices of two smaller consulting firms with exposure to various types of industries including but not limited to financial services, health, energy, hospitality, government, technology sector and retail & consumer industry.
I recently had the opportunity to design and implement two Sharepoint migrations. One was from Sharepoint 3.0 to Office 365 and the other was Sharepoint 2003 to Sharepoint 2013. For the original project (WSS 3.0 – O365), we originally chose the Dell Sharepoint Migration Suite, however, I encountered a lot of issues with it, mainlyApril 14, 2017
Recently, I built out a Windows Azure System Center “cloud lab” environment. I needed to install the Service Manager 2012 R2 Self-Service Portal which according to Kevin Holman’s SCSM 2012 R2 Quick Deployment Guide is supported on a Windows Server 2008 R2 and Sharepoint 2010 platform. Well….it still requires either a full blown Sharepoint 2010February 26, 2016
While creating my Azure System Center cloud lab, I found it too cumbersome to provision new virtual machines. Below is a powershell script I created to provision a new server, either Windows Server 2012 Datacenter or Windows Server 2008 R2. The script also handles assigning a virtual network subnet, VM name, static IP and also joiningFebruary 15, 2016