The task sequence failed to start with error 0x80070570.

I was testing out an OSD task sequence when I noticed I had made a mistake and I needed to restart the task sequence.  By the time I was able to force a restart, it was in the process of partitioning the hard drive.  Anyway, upon rebooting and restarting the task sequence, I was receiving error message:

“The task sequence failed to start with error 0x80070570”

This was happening right after I was picking the task sequence and assigned a computer name to a task sequence variable.  So I started doing some investigation using the F8 console window and noticed the hard drive had no partitions on it.  In order to fix this issue, I ran diskpart.exe as follows:

diskpart.exe
list disk
select disk 0
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs quick
active
assign letter=c
exit

Then I rebooted the system with the following command “wpeutil.exe reboot”.  After the system was booted right back into WinPE, the task sequence finished without errors.



1 Comment

Leave a Reply